Thursday, October 13, 2011

Small Business not Small Minded

I started a small business a few months ago and spent the next eight or nine months telling people it was "just a hobby", and then I had a revelation - it would never be a success if that's how I viewed it.  So, did I want a hobby or a business?  I had to decide.  I chose business, and decided to get serious about things.  And so it began...

So instead of just sewing and selling my wares at MooAndFlo and Lady Bracknell's Bags I decided to start learning in some detail how Facebook works, to start using blogs and Twitter and other social media in order to promote my businesses and in the process to actually learn how it all works (or is meant to work, at least).

And so Flo's Small Business Low Down was born.  A place to share what I find, get feedback from others, and keep a track of the excellent articles I find lurking in the back-waters of this thing we call the Internet.  You never know, I might even read some paper books - go figure!

So, if you want to share what I learn, BOOKMARK ME.  Now.  Yes, now.  Do it ---->

If you want to share what YOU learn, bookmark me and comment.

If you want to learn, read this, read that, read something - and then try it all for yourself.  It's the only way.

No comments:

Post a Comment